Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alecia takes Maia to Childcare...

Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Today’s morning routine was a little different than the usual. Mummy was on a First Aid course so Mama had to drop you off at WCCCA. We pulled up in the car and you excitedly pointed toward the centre making “look” noises. We went inside. Everything was still packed away and Rebecca was filling the paint pots. We went into the bathroom to put your bag in your locker and Rebecca came to check we were ok and I knew where everything went. While we were doing that Bridget and Blair had arrived. When you saw Blair you rushed over to him making those same “look” noises you had made earlier while pointing at me as if to tell him “Look Blair, Mama’s here this morning!” – You knew that this morning was different and you wanted to share that with him. When it was time for me to go, you gave me a kihi and said “bye bye” while waving, like you do all the time, but this time you seemed so grown up! I am constantly underestimating how much you are aware of and know. I forget that you are now 16 months old and are learning all the time. I really enjoyed seeing this part of you this morning – Thanks for reminding me why I think you are so amazing!

No comments: