I'd like to make my first blog with "the group" a happy one. So I'm going to tell you all about the lovely things that I can see from my office window this morning.
* The sun looks fantastic on Wellington Harbour - so bright I have to squint and frown as if it's really not a truly spectacular sight.
* Looking down on the streets I can't seen a slow, sluggish line of commuter traffic - despite it being 8.30am. Instead I imagine that more people are cycling, busing, training, walking, running and swimming to work than this time last year.
* The trees outside the Beehive look lush and dark green. A little bit of nature right outside my office window.
* Sweet Fanny Ann and her delicious coffee is just down there. Although I can't see the brassy wench, I can imagine that great coffee smell.
* Just under my window is the contraption that the (blokes) use to navigate over the building while they wash the windows. It's standing empty and motionless at the moment, but I imagine how cool it would be to go along with them for a ride and to look out over the city with the wind (probably whipping) in my hair. How cool would that be?
I CAN'T see anyone with Swine Flu, scowls on their face or impatient hands. There are some real advantages to being on the 14th floor and being vaguely vague and myopic :-).
A bribe's a bribe
10 hours ago